- Enjoy nostalgic delight as you build your own virtual dungeon and assemble your evil army.
- Discover hundreds of hours of content backed by a rich, massively multiplayer experience including PvP.
- Finally, a social game without the traditional Facebook game annoyances.
Dungeon Overlord is easy to learn and challenging to master. The best way to learn is to jump right in and play (why not, it’s free). To help you get started, here are a few strategies:
- Build your rooms: rooms are made of tiles that you build by clicking on your lava, and selecting “Build”. Rooms generate resources (such as Food, Iron, and Crystal), which let you build more things.
- Crafting furniture: furniture is built by clicking on the “anvil” icon on the right of the screen. Furniture is placed in rooms and attracts minions or gives boosts to production. Build a Warlock Bed and an orc’s Coarse Mat right away!
- Upgrade and expand: upgrade your rooms by making 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5 grids of room tiles, collecting enough resources, and then clicking on the room and choosing “Upgrade”.
What are you waiting for? Didn’t we tell you it’s free to play:
Pro-tips and Strategies:
Once you’ve learned the basics, you will find that Dungeon Overlord is a deep and subtly complex game. Here are some advanced strategies from the pro players:
- Discover the Overworld: at the top-left of the game screen, you’ll find your dungeon name, click the drop-down and select “Overworld”. You’ll discover a whole new aspect to playing, by raiding, pillaging, and thieving (a form of raiding).
- Build and Send out your Thieves: Thieves are great for sending on thieving raids. A thieving raid is when you send just one or more thieves on a raid of an Elvish Settlement (or against another player). Raiding Elvish Settlements gets you needed resources (such as Leather)… and is safer than sending your whole army.
- Be ready for Defense: as you thieve and raid and pillage the Overworld, you can expect “reprisals” from Elvish garrisons and players alike: be ready with a dungeon full of traps and creatures set on defense! Dark Elves are particularly useful defenders as they can see other players’ thieves invading your dungeon.
Jump in and play, it’s free for advanced players too:
Join the forums and talk to other players about tips and strategies: Browse Forums
Dig in to the details in our detailed help pages: Browse the Overlord’s Codex
How do I get help?
There comes a point in every Overlord’s existence when they turn to the powers that be and say…”HELP!” Fortunately for you, we’re here to answer your call. You can contact the customer support department by clicking the “Support” link at the top of the page when playing Dungeon Overlord™. We also have answers to common questions that you can read in our FAQ or by visiting the Arch Overlord’s Library (Knowledge Base). Also you can visit the Overlord’s Codex by clicking on the “Help” link at the top of page when playing Dungeon Overlord.